Zilla Water Polo Practices
Summer 2019 Practices.
Weekly: Milburn Pool
Thursdays 7:30 - 9:15pm
Weekend: Volente Beach Club on Lake Travis
Saturday 1-4pm - 1pm beginner start, 1:30pm intermediate start, 2:00pm advanced start.
Each player will be required to purchase a discounted Volente season pass ($40). This will include use of the facilities at any time including water slides, pools, beach volleyball, etc
Other family members wanting to use the facilities during the summer have the same offer.
Chaperone only season pass = $20 (no use of facilities)
Any visitors that want to use the entire facility for just one day - $20
Season parking pass (highly recommended) – discounted from $40 to $20.
Zilla practices and competes year round.
We break this up into 3 sessions - Fall, Spring and Summer - with about a 2 week break between each. Practices and competitions are optional, however everyone is encouraged to attend. Practices begin with 15-30 minutes of on-deck drills before entering the water. Proper swimming attire should be worn, including caps for long hair.
- Advanced and Intermediate players are encouraged to purchase punch cards thru Longhorn (UT) or Aquatex (RRHS) and attend once every other week. Please hold off until we can discuss as a team.
- We are working on plans to have a biweekly practice at Great Hills CC that is focused on one skill. Certain players will be encouraged to attend depending on the skill being covered. Examples would be eggbeater, goalie, 2m defending, etc. We will call these FOCUS PRACTICES.
- Over the next few weeks, Zilla coaches will create the criteria required to qualify for the Intermediate and Advanced Groups.
- All new players will be considered Novice until they meet the advancement criteria.
- Player that improve during the season may be moved up at the coach’s discretion.
- All players will be re-evaluated at the start of each season
- Intermediate players are encouraged to attend both Mondays and Thursdays
- Advanced players can attend Thursdays, but they will be expected to create their own drills and will not get use of the deep end unless space is available. Coaches will be focused on the Novice and Intermediate groups.
- For families, Novice sibblings can attend Monday nights. They are required to stay in the shallow end and must have parental supervision. They will not be allowed to participate in drills. Coaches will be focused on the Intermediate and Advanced groups.
- All cancellations will be announced via GroupMe (contact us for a invite). This includes lightning, special events, etc.
- We will try to schedule make up practices when cancellations occur. These are not guaranteed.
- We expect to have 3-4 weekends during the season where tournaments will result in cancelled practices.
- We expect no practices near Thanksgiving.