Zilla Water Polo Practices
Fall 2019 Practices.
Weekly: Milburn Pool
Tuesdays 7:30 - 9:30pm
Thursdays 7:30 - 9:30pm
Weekend: Milburn Pool
Saturday 2-5pm - 2pm beginner start, 2:30pm intermediate start, 3:00pm advanced start.
Zilla practices and competes year round.
We break this up into 4 sessions - Fall (Sept-Dec), Spring (Jan-Apr) and Summer (May-Aug) - with about a 2 week break between each. Practices and competitions are optional, however everyone is encouraged to attend. Practices begin with 15-30 minutes of on-deck drills before entering the water. Proper swimming attire should be worn, including caps for long hair.
- We are working on plans to have a biweekly practice at Great Hills CC that is focused on one skill. Certain players will be encouraged to attend depending on the skill being covered. Examples would be eggbeater, goalie, 2m defending, etc. We will call these FOCUS PRACTICES.
- Over the next few weeks, Zilla coaches will create the criteria required to qualify for the Intermediate and Advanced Groups.
- All new players will be considered Novice until they meet the advancement criteria.
- Player that improve during the season may be moved up at the coach’s discretion.
- All players will be re-evaluated at the start of each season
- All skill levels are invited to every practice
- Tuesdays main focus will be on the beginner-intermediate groups with an emphasis on skill development, Thursdays main focus will be on the advanced-intermediate groups with an emphasis on conditioning and team play
- All cancellations will be announced via GroupMe (contact us for a invite). This includes lightning, special events, etc.
- We will try to schedule make up practices when cancellations occur. These are not guaranteed.
- We expect to have 3-4 weekends during the season where tournaments will result in cancelled practices.
- We expect no practices near major holidays