Zilla Water Polo Practices
Weekly Age Group Practice: Milburn Pool - 1st half hour is dryland workout
Tuesdays 7:30 - 9:30pm
Thursdays 7:30 - 9:30pm
Weekend: Volente Beach Water Park - requires discounted season pass to attend
Weekly Masters Practice: Milburn Pool - no dryland
Zilla practices and competes year round.
We break this up into 3 sessions - Fall (Sept-Dec), Spring (Jan-Apr) and Summer (May-Aug) - with about a 2 week break between each. Practices and competitions are optional, however everyone is encouraged to attend. Practices begin with 15-30 minutes of on-deck drills before entering the water. Proper swimming attire should be worn, including caps for long hair. Seasons have been replaced with monthly sessions due to the uncertainty around COVID.
- Zilla coaches will test individual skills and divide drills by common skill levels
- Player that improve during the season may be moved up at the coach’s discretion.
- All players will be re-evaluated at the start of each season
- All skill levels are invited to every practice
- All cancellations will be announced via GroupMe (contact us for a invite). This includes lightning, special events, etc.
- We will try to schedule make up practices when cancellations occur. These are not guaranteed.
- We expect to have 3-4 weekends during the season where tournaments will result in cancelled practices.
- We expect no practices near major holidays